1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Husband wants Santa to bring him a quad....

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Dee gale, Nov 14, 2017 at 2:45 PM.

1. Dee gale

Dee gale New Member

who knew?? I have zero experience with this! Been trying to read and understand but it’s hopeless When you have no idea what this even is!!Can you recommend a quad under $200 with camera capabilities (thought there was one that you could hook your iPhone on and watch it on the hand held component as it flies?!) We don’t own a laptop that you would put an SD card in to see whatever this thing records so it would definetly be iPhone. What exactly would he need to get started? hoping this makes sense to you! I’m happy to provide any additional info that would help With your recommendation! Thanks all!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:57 PM
  2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Summer's over, where's my thumbless gloves

Tell him, I wants. Do not get. Lol
    If it's his first just buy a cheap toy for a few bucks. Not worth forking out only to bust it after an hour or 2. If it's a must though, just get a cheap wizard X220 with a cheap but good FS-i6 transmitter.

3. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

4. mozquito1

Do you own a PC.?. I only access this site through my Android phone. Always got by with tablets till I took this up..
    I bought an old PC off ebay just to run cleanflight and betaflight for £40.
    These are Google Chrome apps.
    There is others but these are the most common used.

5. mozquito1

I can't run betaflight on my(android) phone, I don't know about Apple.
    So you would be limited to what drone you could get without the use of a PC or laptop. So your basically in the toy section.

6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member