Hubson 502e question about manual and calibration

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Fly high, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Fly high

Fly high Well-Known Member

Guys, if you know anything about the Hubson 502e I have a question for you about compass calibration. To me, that means rotating the drone both times to set compass 1 and compass 2. I have no problem getting that done, and no problem locking into more than enough satellites. But the instructions say first to push the left stick to the left and push the right stick to the left and right quickly until transmitter displays set compass 1 and then compass 2. Before I can even do the left stick to the left and right stick left and right, the controller already says to set the compass1. So why is the controller not requiring me to do the sticks thing? All other quads I have I do the recalibrate thing before first flight or after a crash to set the gyros. Why is he instructions saying to rotate the sticks but it doesn’t give me a chance to do it. Like I said, the remote immediately says set compass 1 right after I bind the quad
    Thanks

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Well are you having any problems flying it? Any weird behavior you think is compass related?

3. Fly high

Nope. But if I was, this is the procedure I’m supposed to do to correct it, but when I do the the sticks rotation nothing appears on the remote showing it’s done

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Is this yours? You should have provided a direct link so I wouldn't have to ask.

http://bit.ly/2ElMzro

5. Fly high

Yes. That’s mine. There is not one video out there talking about what I’m asking about. I’ve watched 30 videos or so on this either before I bought it, or after. I don’t know if the instructions I have are different because my quad is more recent or what? Most of these videos are from 2016 and mid 2017. What I asked about specifically refers to compass calibration. The manual makes it sound like you have to first move the two controllers in a certain direction in order for the remote to pop up asking to set compass 1 and then compass 2.
    They make it sound like it’s a recalibrating procedure necessary before you can set the compasses.

6. Fly high

It says you do it if the drones yaw is off.
    “Compass calibration is required when the X4 is yaw during flight, please follow the calibrating procedures: 1) Push the left stick to the most left side, and move the right stick left to right quickly until the transmitter displays “Set Compass 1”
    2) and then it says how to set the two compasses .
    WTH is the pushing the stick all about?

7. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

To me it's saying hold the left stick all the way to the left and as you're holding it there, move the right stick back and forth left to right quickly. Sounds pretty simple to me.

8. Fly high

Um, yeah dude I get that part. You obviously don’t understand what I’ve been asking.
    Thanks anyway lol