How do I use DX6 with KingKongGT90?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Icerook, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Icerook

Icerook Member

I literally can just bind it, after that the thing just sits there, the remote does jack I feel like such a noob, the Induxtrix was SO easy I thought this would be similar??

I have zero idea, and not one video on this??? I called spectrum, ONE hour wait time!!!

Anyone please, please, how in the hell do I do this???

2. jake8131

jake8131 Well-Known Member

Do you have the DSM2 version? If so, plug in the quad, hold down the bind button, turn transmitter, wait two seconds and let the bind button go and it should bind!

3. Icerook

Icerook Member

I do this, it binds, but now what? Controller does nothing, am I to set up through betaflight somehow?

I thought the rx is ready to go, but am I just such a noob I feel like I'm not programming correctly? Please help man been looking forward ALL week for this to just sit here in utter frustration, please for the love of God help!!

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

5. Icerook

Icerook Member

Thanks guys but no luck, I'm honestly in shock its so difficult, I figured with the DX6 it would be easy, I mean there is zero walk throughs on how to get your quad up and running? I understand to bind, but once done, how to you arm it? I have looked through that thread and half of it is people posting on the 90QX instead of 90GT

If you guys know something, like once you bound do I hold the sticks a certain way, is it a switch that arms them? I assume this goes for most quads being set up the first time no?

6. Icerook

Icerook Member

? Are you familiar with the 90GT? I'm confused, anyone have a video or a walk through? Say a complete noob gets a DX6 and a quad, like this one, get me in the air, I don't know why they don't have one?

7. Jackson

8. Icerook

Icerook Member

Yeah guess I got a dud, first comment on article says this:

"really good review. Like James wish I'd found it before i ordered. Ive got the PnP version and cant get it to comunicate properly with my DSMX satelite RX. Had it 2 weeks and cant get it off the ground [​IMG]"

I really wish I could find a place that would have something similar to an answer or suggestion other than links to reviews, but thanks anyway guys, I'm just returning it, Chinese crap, I really enjoy this hobby, but I'm finding out, since China is so heavily involved, there are lots of garbage out there unfortunately...

9. Icerook

Icerook Member

Yeah I'm beyond that bud...

10. Jackson

Are you using a satellite? Why?
    It's ALL china.

11. Icerook

Icerook Member

I'm a product manager for a decent electronics company, I know it's all China, I meant the quality control, you have Chinese qc and then the rest of the world's QC