Hi I am also a newbie and I have a few questions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jerry Long, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Jerry Long

Jerry Long New Member

I recently got into drone or quadcopters and i have a few questions I have looked at several sites and also the instruction manual and maybe someone can clarify a few things with me. I recently obtained a GPX Sky Rider Condor pro and I am wondering if and how a kindle fire can be connected to it I have downloaded the sky rider app and it doesnt seem to be connecting I have set my wifi to it

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi Jerry welcome to the forum ask away :)

3. Jerry Long

Jerry Long New Member

I recently obtained a GPX Sky Rider Condor pro and I am wondering if and how a kindle fire can be connected to it I have downloaded the sky rider app and it doesnt seem to be connecting I have set my wifi to it

4. holtneil

Normally you would connect wifi ,it then may come up with a message saying internet poor this will now make it jump to the internet modem you normally use , you need to tell the kindle that it has to use drone and only the drone once it doing this you can open the app and it should work
    Kindle are not always the best to use , they are tied to Amazon and Amazon apps , also make sure the kindle will allow 3rd party apps

5. holtneil

I just looked at the manual the software is for Apple or Android the kindle is a locked Android so it may not work try it on a phone first

6. Jerry Long

Jerry Long New Member

ok thanks I will try it

7. holtneil

Let me know how you get on i had the syma Wi-Fi camera and that would only work on my phone

8. Jerry Long

Jerry Long New Member

ok wel I dont have a phone that is capable of anything but voice

9. holtneil

Ok will try the kindle again , but if don't work just pick up a cheap smart phone early Samsung will do

10. ArmyVet

ArmyVet Well-Known Member

I have used several 7 inch Fires with my quads. They all installed and worked very briefly. So, not well.

The only one that has worked reliably is the 8 inch fire (2017). I use this with my Phantom 3S. Works well. Just no GPS for follow me.

I assumed you installed Google Play Store first and then the quad app.

Probably the 10 inch would work also. Have not gotten one of those yet.

Good Luck.