Help please. Wifi reciever

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by Noor369, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Noor369

Noor369 Active Member

Hi. Can someone please tell me how does a wifi reciever looks like in bayangtoys x21 Drone? And where i can order new one

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

3. Noor369

Noor369 Active Member

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

What the hell does that mean? Are you saying you've downloaded app to your phone and it won't connect?

5. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

o_O ... The wifi receiver IS YOUR PHONE.

o_O ... The transmitter is what controls the quad (has the two sticks on it) and is not connected via wifi, it's regular 2.4 GHz and only the VIDEO is wifi.

6. Noor369

Noor369 Active Member

I already posted a thread about the problem i have. I think its the wifi reciever inside the drone it self that not working.

7. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

What makes you think it's the wifi module in your drone? Can you see it in the wifi settings of your iPhone or is it just not showing?

8. Gyro Doctor

o_O ... There is no wifi receiver in the drone ! That is a wifi video TRANSMITTER.
    Repeating myself for clarity:
    The radio transmitter (held in your hands) is 2.4 GHz (not wifi) and has sticks on it.
    The radio receiver is inside the quad (also not wifi) and receives your control commands.
    The wifi transmitter is inside the drone to send you the video to your phone.
    The wifi receiver is your phone mounted onto the radio transmitter for seeing the video.

Now to answer your question about what it looks like. It's one of those integrated circuit chips, along with some other parts,
    that's part of the main board inside. Toy quads usually have everything on one main circuit board instead of individual circuit boards.

mozquito1 likes this.
  9. Noor369

Noor369 Active Member

My transmitter is not connecting to the drone.. I dont know the reason..waht it could be..sometimes it connects and not response to my controls commands

10. Gyro Doctor

If it "connects" but doesn't "respond" it may not be armed.

This video may be of help:

11. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Wi-Fi = Wi-Bother, the range is poor the lag is even worse. OK I suppose for kids toys around the house. That's about it.

12. Noor369

Noor369 Active Member

I
    Hi. I dont understand. Waht you mean not armed

13. mozquito1

It transmits 5.8ghz over WiFi signal. First I ever heard. So your phone or device has to have compatibility with that waveband. Maybe search for an app in playstore or whatever. He explain it in the video posted above.

LHazleton and Gyro Doctor like this.
  14. Gyro Doctor

"Armed" and "Connected" are two different things.
    Connected just means that the quad and radio are ready and capable of communicating.
    Armed means you want to activate the motors to begin flying.
    You can't get "armed" without first getting "connected".
    And just because you're connected, doesn't mean you're armed.
    Watch the video again, it shows you exactly what to do !

mozquito1 likes this.
  15. Noor369

Noor369 Active Member

Dude i think you didnt understand me at all. The (transmiter is not connecting to the drone) red on the remote control flashing

16. Gyro Doctor

Perhaps if you were more concise in your terminology and the specifics of your problem we could all understand you better.

I submit as evidence:
    Hi. I dont understand. Waht you mean not armed ....
    Did you even watch that video ?
    It's all explained there. He even shows you what to do and how to do it.

1.) First both sticks down and to the outside
    2.) Then both sticks down and to the inside.
    Now it's armed (or should be).

Notice there's also other stick movements required for calibration sequences too.
    3.) Throttle stick fully down, then etc, etc.
    The parts you're needing start at about 5:30 into the video.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Spork likes this.
  17. mozquito1

18. mozquito1

Couple of tips

Turn Tx on, both sticks on 0 input
    arm switch is off.

Plug in lipo, blue power led is on.

This is now connected.

So now you are about to stand back & start flying. So you remove the safety aspect now by arming the motors by flicking the arm switch, you throttle up & fly away:rolleyes:.

Then when the battery runs out :mad: & you have to land. Apply the switch again to turn on the safety aspect, which disarms the motors. You will have two things in your hands, Tx & quad if you don't disarm & you knock the throttle. Let's just say it won't be comfortable flying in bandageso_O

Hope this helps understanding what connect & arm-disarm means.

LHazleton likes this.
  19. LHazleton

LHazleton Bugs 2C, Future 1(Q333B), some nano's

WTF?........

mozquito1 likes this.
  20. Noor369

Noor369 Active Member

Really
    :rolleyes::(