HELP NEEDED CANT FLY :(

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by NBanks02, Apr 12, 2018.

1. NBanks02

NBanks02 Well-Known Member

I'm new to drones and I'm getting really frustrated with my wizard x220 rtf

I've managed to bind the controller and drone but the controller isn't moving the drone, the motors won't even spin..

I've spent 2 days off trying to work it out, I've managed to connect it to the wizard to beta flight on the computer, the on-screen drone moves but when I play with the controller none of the commands are recognised on screen...

Please help I'm loosing the will to live

2. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you might need to assign the aux switches in the transmitter menu.

3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Don't do it! It's not worth it! LOL Seriously though I always chuckle when quads are advertised as "RTF". Doesn't mean you can just plug a battery in, turn on the radio and hit the throttle. Your quad may be ready to fly but there is some setup to do in Betaflight. The best thing to do is a Youtube search for "Wizard X220 Betaflight setup configuration" There are lots of tutorials that will take you through the setup process from beginning to end.

4. NBanks02

I've tried a different combination of aux switchess with the triggers but the command doesn't seem to arm anything (it says it's connected but doesn't seem like it is)

I've watched loads of different videos! Believe me my brain is in overload at the moment

They all seem to be saying different things but when I connect to beta flight it doesn't show any stock or trigger movements there aren't even any bars with colours doesn't seem like the controller is connected to program

5. RENOV8R

It can be a bit overwhelming when you're new, let's start with your Betaflight setup. Can you please post 3 photos. Screenshots of your Betaflight Ports , Configuration and Receiver tabs

6. NBanks02

Tell me about it! Haha, go out to blow off some steam at the moment, been sat on YouTube all day inside and wasted my day off :( I'll be back at around 7/8 I'll upload some pictures then

7. RENOV8R

Sounds good, welcome to the forum.

8. NBanks02

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

9. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

Mine did this a couple times even after I got it all set up and working. It had to have the modes section set up again and resaved. It would not arm until I did this agian. I didnt have to erase everything just go though and line up a couple bars again and save.

10. NBanks02

Anything in particular I can take a picture of?

11. RENOV8R

Screenshots of your ports & configuration tabs. Like these Tramp.png ConfigPt1.png

12. NBanks02

Cant upload file too large

13. NBanks02

Here we go

Attached Files:

14. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

Looks like you dont have a serial RX chosen as uart 1 so that may be it. and in modes you dont have an arm set. but the arming may be done with stick movements by default. but need to change your ports section to include a serial in. check out the post above from renov8r.

15. NBanks02

Configuration scrolled down

Attached Files:

16. NBanks02

under what tab is that?

17. NBanks02

In all the videos they have bars showing input from their flight controllers. I don't :(

Attached Files:

18. Badfish

Badfish JA.O.A.T.

in the ports tab you have uart3 set to serial, but in the config tab you have PPM input selected. also esc protocol in the config probably shouldn't be PWM.

19. NBanks02

Sorry I don't know what I should change haha

20. NBanks02

easy instructions too please, had a visit with good Ol' Mary Jane to help with the stress this has given me