hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by chrisut, Dec 9, 2017.

1. chrisut

chrisut New Member

Hello all! I just bought my first drone, a Propel Spyder XL, and proceeded to break it. I found this forum while searching the internet for how to fix it. I'm usually pretty handy and like fixing things; I'm hoping to have some luck in fixing it instead of just buying another one.

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Welcome.

3. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, chrisut.
    What did you break & how did it happen?

4. chrisut

chrisut New Member

I hit the auto take off button and one of the propellers hit the guard. It took off kind of sideways and flew until it shut off as I had not read the instructions far enough to know how to turn it off. Now one motor spins slower than the others. If I spin the rotors fast as if to try to take off it shuts off :(

5. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

Propellers are not supposed to be able to hit the guard like that. They are there to protect the props. It's a manufacturer's defect that caused the crash. Did you contact them?

Manufacturer's Warranty
    Products are warrantied against out of the box manufacturer defects for 90 days. Our warranty does not cover lost/stolen products or products damaged due to crashing. Please contact customer care at +1-949-877-1839 or email us at support@propelcare.com for a return authorization before returning any products under warranty. https://www.propelrc.com/pages/warranty-information

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  6. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Post some pictures of the thing so we can assess the damage.

7. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Pre flight checklist:
    1. Check that all props are spinning freely.​

mozquito1 likes this.
  8. mozquito1

9. chrisut

chrisut New Member

problematic for sure. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm getting no response from the manufacturer on the warranty...

10. chrisut

chrisut New Member

there's no physical damage, it just won't take off anymore. my research said it would be the ESC if this a more expensive drone. It isn't and I don't think there is a seperate ESC controller for this one. I can replace the board if I can find it. any help is appreciated!

11. mozquito1

More than likely. It was @ this point for me, I thought sod it. Building my own.
    Still a very easy fix if you got the parts.
    Grab some motors while you at it.
    They don't last long.