Hello new guy here with lots of questions on first build...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mynightmare, Dec 31, 2016.

1. mynightmare

mynightmare Member

After searching for days looking for a quadcopter forum I found what looks like a great community!!

A little about my self, I have been around R/C 4x4 Trucks both Nitro and Electric Brush less for a good 10+years. I stumbled on to Hubsan x4 H107l and C and had a lot of fun with them. That was a couple of years ago. Recently picked up another Hubsan H107l and some how came across DIY carbon fiber frames, chassis. I immediately fell in love with these and now have a brian storm of wanting to build my own 95-110mm indoor, back yard/small park flyer. I know I want 8.5mm motors but the flight control boards are confusing. I am looking at this flightboard,
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flf3-evo-brushed-flight-controller-integrated-flsky-rx.html

I just don't understand what flysky transmitter and how to set it up for flight. Specifically flashing (if-its even needed) and settings. I have done plenty of soldering and have no fear of that. So I guess I have that going for me lol.

I am not looking to build this over night and really not into FPV (at least not yet). As I said I just want to build my own indoor, backyard/small park flyer. That's pretty much the only places I have or will fly.

I have also been looking at this,
    http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Tin...6-Transmitter-RTF-p-1097425.html?rmmds=search
    However again I'm not looking at it for FPV. I like the lay out and how I could add it at a later time. Plus I really want to build my own. (Maybe copy this but with out the FPV)

Well My first post is turning into a book. So many questions :eek:

Any help, even pointing me in the correct direction/forum area is greatly appreciated!!

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

That is a FlySky TX, so you should be able to also use the flight controller you linked to.
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flf3-evo-brushed-flight-controller-integrated-flsky-rx.html

Or this one that seems similar.
    http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-FLF...-PPM-6CH-Receiver-p-1091775.html?rmmds=search

I use the Turnigy branded one and it has served me well. You can set up 20 different models with it, each with their own settings. There are various, inexpensive RXs you can get.

3. mynightmare

mynightmare Member

4. Jackson

5. mynightmare

mynightmare Member

Thank you Jackson. I will probably put the rx that comes with the i6 on the back burner. Could you help me or point me in a good direction of understanding flashing fc boards and settings. I really am new to this and want to learn as much as I can (or at least the very basics) about flashing and programing and adding led'so and having them flash once battery voltage is low.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  6. mynightmare

mynightmare Member

Maybe I'm over thinking this whole flash/program step? I did the cleanflight add on with google chrome. It seams like its pretty straight forward? Plug in the flight control board, the cleanflight program will open and after that it walks/guides you through the steps. Looks like there is a section for leds aswell as well as it shows the diagram of the board that is plugged in to the pc. Is this correct or even close to be correct?

7. Jackson

Painless360 on YouTube has a lot of good vids.

8. mynightmare

mynightmare Member

9. Jackson

10. mynightmare

mynightmare Member

Hmm something to think about. I like the qx95 for its small size. I can fly it inside and outside in the back yard. I really enjoy my little Hubsan and thought the qx95 would be an upgrade to a hobby grade quad and easy on the pocket to enter the world of fpv. Even started looking eachine fpv goggles lol.

Got some thinking to do and witch one I would use more lol