Global x183 is not taking off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gimhan Sumanasekera, Feb 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hi, I have bought the Global x183 drone and got everything setup. But the drone is not taking off though the propellers starts. When i pushed the 'Key to take off" there is a small notification "U/D" appears and goes away with a beep but does nothing to the drone.

I have done calliberation as well as mentioned in the guide and tried recharging batteries but no luck. Anyone to help?

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi mate have you checked props are on right way round and on the right motors for there direction ?
    Does it throttle up or stay at idle ?

3. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Have you waited for it to establish GPS lock? It may take a while. The screen will probably show how many it has. You probably need a certain amount, at least 8 maybe.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Gimhan Sumanasekera likes this.
  4. Hi Guys, Thanks a lot for the replies. I have checked the sides of the propellers and they are matching the letters with correct rotations and also took it out to capture 11 satelites. Still the same, just the propellers start running but not flies up at all. Once I clicked the key to take off, it just flash the U/D sign with a beep.

Attached Files:

5. Yeah, waited and got enough sats as well according to the display but still no luck. Attached what I see in the RC screen.

Attached Files:

6. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

Will it fly if you increase throttle without pushing the take-off key?

7. Yeah tried that too. No luck. Increased the throttle as well but no change on the propeller speeds.

8. Jackson

Maybe some help here.

9. S
    Have done everything the videos says. But can't find what some of the notifications implies. Any idea what U/D means? It appear with a beep when click one click fly button.

Attached Files:

10. Jackson

I noticed 7.6V on your screen. That's too low for flying. On my old Syma X8 (which seems very similar to yours) that's pretty much the voltage I get after a full flight. Get that up to 8.4V, that's the voltage you should be getting after a full charge.

11. James Morrison

James Morrison New Member

My x191 was working, but I tried to calibrate it the way they said, pressing thumbsticks opposite directions, and now its like I put it into some kind of different mode. Now the lights blink in a rhythm like morse code or something and the propellers start up, but it wont take off. Any ideas on a way to get it back the way it was before? Thanks

12. Non take off, I have the same problem, lights do not go "solid" can start motors but that's all.

13. Lloyd Quick

Lloyd Quick Member

I agree that 7.6 volts is too low. I bought batteries that are 45c and they last 10 minutes.
    The original batteries would only run less than one minuet and then return home.

14. Mine too, if anybody has the knowledge to reset the transmitter, please advise.

15. Lloyd Quick

Lloyd Quick Member

I have the Global Drone 183 follower that flew fine before I calibrated it.
    After calibration the lights blink continually one long 2 short, but won't acquire any sats.
    Motors idle but won't rev up to take off.
    How do we reset the quad?

16. Lloyd Quick

Lloyd Quick Member

17. Are all the buttons on the transmitter functional, I received the wrong transmitter only two buttons could be used, Take off and touch down, all the others were solid, (Dummy) I am negotiating with LOOKATOOL to replace the transmitter. Let's hope it's coded to the drone.

Attached Files:

19. Lloyd Quick

Lloyd Quick Member

Did the lights stop blinking after 5 minuets from turning it on?
    If not try calibration again it took me about 6 tries to get it right .
    I watched the video many times, and paused it many times.
    Good luck on your next calibration.

20. Lloyd Quick

Lloyd Quick Member

The lower buttons are only functional on the follower models with dual GPS.
    my first 183 did not have functional buttons, but flew well.