Glimpse XL - Newbie help required!!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Jamie willuams, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Jamie willuams

Jamie willuams New & in need of help

Hello,
    I have an issue attempting to bind a DX4 transmitter to my Glimpse XL. (350 QX)
    I turn the power on and the Glimpse XL flashes and the LED turns green as though all is well.
    I then turn upside down to enable bind mode.
    The Led turns to flashing blue (which I believe is the bind mode).
    I then turn the Glimpse XL back upright.
    I then ensure that the transmitter is in "smart" position, hold the throttle down (not left as centered) and hold the "bind/throttle cut" button & switch the transmitter on - Holding the bind/throttle buttons..
    I stand back ranging from a few feet to about 5ft & even further.. The transmitter led's light up and I keep hold - but this is where my issue is..
    The Glimpse XL LED remains flashing BLUE.
    If I let go of the transmitter bind button it simply goes from the led's being fully lit to a single one on the right hand side.

As far as I can tell I have no connection, I can not start the motors of do anything..

Is there anything that you could suggest that could be the problem?
    I have watched the Bind setup videos on youtube & have followed them precisely..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you

Jamie

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

The led changes when the gyro is not level. If it is not level it won't arm.

3. mozquito1

Sorry I'm not familiar with this setup.
    Why not just have the arm switch on a shoulder button. The bind should only be used once & only for that purpose. The rx doesn't have to be in the quad to be able to bind it. With mine it's flashing led =unbound.
    Slow flash armed. Solid led=Tx off.

4. Jamie willuams

I had it sat on the garden decking... which is probably the only level piece of land I have Lol!
    From everything I can tell the issue is that the controller just will not bind.. not sure if I should buy a replacement controller or if I'm just throwing money away ..

5. Jamie willuams

I am 100% new to RC..
    As far as I can tell the arming is done by using both sticks moving down towards centre.. but I haven't been able to do anything..
    Looking at the colours of start-up codes.. being totally blank once the "green" drone light comes on (then goes off).. then the radio is off or not bound to quad at all..(which is my suspision)..

Thanks for your help

6. mozquito1

In the manual specification list, what flight controller is in it. I just noticed you only have a 4 channel Tx AETR so you can only arm by sticks. So if your ever up high & you do that combination, you will disarm. Did the tx come with the quad.
    Did you try leaving the quad upside down while doing the bind procedure. Although I've never heard the like.

7. Jamie willuams

It was the controller that came with the drone.
    DX4 DSMX 4-channel transmitter.
    I haven't tried actually binding whilst upside down - but willing to try anything!
    I will let you know how I get in... thanks!

8. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi most spekrum transmitters bind by leaving throttle in down position and cycle (right stick ) in middle and hold down bind button and power on , the sticks are not held as when it binds this is it's failsafe setting (zero throttle centre cyclic )

9. holtneil

This may help

Jackson and mozquito1 like this.
  10. Jamie willuams

Hi Holtneil,
    I had followed a similar video and tried doing exactly as in this one too
    Its strange, I can see that there is no bind (the LED goes off after it initially turns green), and I know the drone goes onto bind mode when turned upside down (flashing blue LED).. I then try to bind following the procedure of holding the bind button then powering the transmitter on... but although on occasion I get the one beep from the transmitter - the drone LED just keeps flashing blue and never changes.

I am starting to give up hope. I am not sure if I buy a new transmitter.. If (as I have read) that my drone battery may be low charge ..

Confused!!!!!

Thanks for your help

11. holtneil

Hi you need to check transmitter to see if it will bind to any spectrum receiver , try your local hobby shop they will have a test receiver , the transmitters are not normally the problem
    I don't know were you live so I can't say pop over to my house and I will test it on my 2 transmitters .If the transmitter is ok which I think is the case the quad has a fault
    Can you get a replacement one from the seller ?
    Have you charged the battery and tried again ?

12. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Charge it and check the voltage!

13. Jamie willuams

Hiya.
    I'm in Bridgend.. south Wales.. we no longer have a hobby shop..
    I tried charging the battery with my new eflight charger and it won't work.. keeps showing error - something to do with balancing cells??

Arrgghhh

14. mozquito1

Can you post a pic of battery & charger.
    Is the charger a balance charger.
    I have a T8 & B6 chargers.
    With mine I have to plug the main lead with an XT60 into it, then plug the balance lead into the side. Some just have the balance port, while others just the main lead. Like the cowboy says you need to check it with a multimeter as soon as it's charged. Then maybe an hour later, see if it still has a charge.
    You should have a multimeter as it's a must have piece of kit. Saved me some time & money.

15. holtneil

Hi Jamie i have been thinking about this problem while I was at work , it will be worth going to Horizon Hobbies web site and find the file for the quad and down load it the DX4 transmitter is not like the normal spekrum transmitters the DX4 uses files that you download for the model your going to fly it's a pain If you have more than one model
    Once the file is on the DX4 try to rebind the quad once in bind mode must be placed the right way up on a flat level surface

mozquito1 likes this.
  16. mozquito1

That is very handy to know.
    Not for me but, I did have a glanse @ that Tx a few years back. Then I came across an fsi6.

17. holtneil

Hi Jamie i have an offer for you take the quad back get your money back then I will do you a Phantom with 4k camera and gimble and an alloy carry case £200 plus postage

mozquito1 likes this.
  18. mozquito1

Snap that up, quick.