Flight controller to fly sky won’t launch

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Luka, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Luka

Luka New Member

Okay so I started this build the other day and everything seems okay on betaflight , gyros , controller responds and is set to 1500 , Aux Chanel’s work , motors spin up through betaflight but for some reason the receiver doesn’t respond or move the drone in any way, I’m sure it’s something simple but I just don’t know what to do, any help is much appreciated, phone won’t let me upload photos :( using a sp racing f3 , FS-ia10b , maktek xt60.. Usart3 port is wired to the receiver in the servo port but I’m not to sure if there is supposed to be a plug going into the sens port ? And on the Flight controller I don’t have anything coming out of Usart1 port

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Ibus setup you want. In the IO port on the side. & can only use ibus if the tx has had the firmware updated to 10 channels. Sure your not on ppm.
    The lipo might have to be plugged in for the rx to work.

3. mozquito1

Check the end points on the esc aswell in blheli for each esc. These should match what is on the config tab in betaflight.
    Is your Arm on a switch or sticks.
    Aux1 =arm on SWD or SWA
    Aux2 =modes on SWC (3 position switch)
    The quad won't arm unless the these are setup correctly.

4. mozquito1

IMG_20170621_234320438_HDR-1024x575.jpg IMG_20180212_192059474_HDR_crop_690x728.jpg
    I strip mine down & just direct Solder the lot.

5. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Not clear if you did the receiver configuration in betaflight. Under the ports tab you need to select which port has the serial rx on it and in the configuration tab you need to set the correct protocol for the receiver (ppm, ibus, sbus, spectrum1024 etc). If you are getting aux signals it sounds like you did these steps but not clear if you verified the receiver mapping to throttle etc are correct, also once that is set you need to go to the modes tab and set a range for one of your aux inputs to arm the copter. If you are using osd you can toggle on the warnings and get feedback on why it isn't arming once you've finished configuration.