First time to complete a circuit on Velocidrone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Benjo, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Benjo

Benjo New Member

Soooo... Hi!

I've recently built my first quad and Im pretty proud of it, however I don't have a charger yet.... still waiting on Bangers. I have managed to sneak a couple of test flights in despite the battery failure i'm setting myself up for. WOW, SO FAST. This is nothing like my Phantom!!!. I love it. I can't even take my Phantom seriously now.
    I've also spent all of my money on my Taranis QX7S so FPV is on the back burner till the funds come in. However, I have been spending the last 3 weeks messing about on Velocidrone.... trial version, that's how low the funds are!

Today I hit a milestone and I have to share it with someone who might feel my joy because my wife just stares at me with a look that screams "STOP TALKING ABOUT DRONES!"
    I managed to complete a full circuit on Velocidrone of the Open Field zone with the Swiss championship 2016 track for the first time!! I really can't believe my progression on the Sim. I mean i'm doing things that I really thought were impossible for me only a couple of weeks ago.

So yeah, there you have it. I hope the skills pass onto the real thing :)

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  2. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

The best thing about flying in sims using the same radio you'd actually be flying with is the development
    of "Muscle Memory" (amongst other things) which WILL TRANSFER onto the real thing. ;)

The better you get at flying the sim the easier it will be for you to fly in "the real world".
    It's not the same, of course, but it's still good practice none the less. You'll already know what to do
    as far as controlling the quad and it will be an instinctual reaction rather than having to think about it.
    Adjusting to the difference between the sim and real world will be easy and you'll find yourself having fun
    a lot faster than if you were to have tried learning in real life without ever using the sim (making mistakes and breaking things).
    You're still going to crash and break stuff (we all do) but now you have a big "head start" compared to any pilot who's never flown
    before at all :)

Spork likes this.
  3. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Welcome to the forums!

I'm pretty sure most or all of us can relate to this :D

My wife was pretty tolerant and polite for the first couple months. Now she says stuff like "I'm sure you already told your buddies on the drone forum, so why are you interrupting my show. Again".
    My other favorite line of hers when we're with friends or family is "please don't talk about drones. he will just drone on and on." :oops: