Fatshark dominator?

Discussion in 'FPV Systems' started by baevans11, Aug 19, 2017.

1. baevans11

baevans11 Member

So if I buy the Fatshark dominator v3 goggles and the antennas do I need to buy the receiver module as well? I have the immersion tramp vtx for my drone build. This is my first drone build so I'd appreciate any guidance. Thx.

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

3. baevans11

baevans11 Member

4. baevans11

baevans11 Member

Ok that's what I thought thx. Just wanted to be sure.

5. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

I just bought the immersionRC Duo 5800.
    I think it is compatible also.
    But you would use the video in, on goggles & have a ground station.
    It fits on a 1m selfie stick then two 15inch rods screw together to get it high & still while I sit in my chair. I just sent some skyzones back. Ipd was too small & they where white plastic sprayed orange with light leakage. So check your ipd b4 you buy. I just bought some quanum V2 as I couldn't find any fatsharks with anymore than 69mm ipd. So Weather permitting
    I'm off out to test it tomorrow.
    Sometime in the future I will buy the other parts for the antenna tracking
    So I think any nexwave rx is compatible for you. Diversity is better.

6. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

... Just my personal opinion, but I don't see why Fatsharks are so much the rage when there are other goggles out there with more features and as good
    performance for much much less money o_O

Fatshark's 3D HD VIII will set you back about $500 bucks PLUS you still hafta buy an RX for at least $30 and still not even have diversity ?!
    Those LaForge diversity modules (arguably the best ones out there) are at least another $100 so you've just paid about $600 for some really good goggles.
    {42* FOV, 800X600 RES}

...... OR .......
    SkyZone's 3D HD VII that already have diversity (but no fan) for only $346 .
    {30* FOV, 640X480RES}

...... OR (my choice) .....
    Aomway's Commander 3D HD VII that already have diversity (and a fan) for only $345
    {32*FOV, 854X480RES}

I can't help but be amused by all three's touting of being "HD" when none of them really are.
    "HD Ready" is at least 1280X720 with true HD being 1920X1080 (Ulra HD/4K is 3840X2160).

The point being, is it really worth that extra $255 just for those extra vertical lines ? -> NOPE ! :p
    It's just a status symbol (imho) like buying $150 designer jeans when Levis or Wranglers will do the same, or better, for much less. ;)

baevans11 likes this.
  7. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

8. Gyro Doctor

:eek: ... Those specs for $100 ?
    I'd buy those in a heartbeat !!! :p

9. mozquito1

Never mind the specs, that all goes out the window if the ipd is too small or too big.
    Get your ipd checked. I just had to send some skyzones back because of this.

10. Gyro Doctor

The standard range of IPD adjustment for FatShark, Aomway, SkyZone and most others is 59 - 69.
    You're right though, if you fall outside that range then any other impressive specs don't amount to much.
    In those cases the "Box" type goggles are the best alternative.

mozquito1 likes this.
  11. mozquito1

That's what I have now, Quanum's.
    My setup does have its perks over a pair of fatsharks. Only it's obviously not as mobile.