Escs not calibrating properly

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Electriceel27, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Electriceel27

Electriceel27 New Member

Im using castle 25 amp escs, and I've been having trouble calibrating them. I've been doing what everyone does on YouTube, by setting the throttle to max then plugging in the battery, then putting it at the minimum. When I plug it into beta flight and test the motors, it shows the values being all over the place, not holding steady or in sync. I even went as far to try to fly it and it shot strait up as soon as I armed the motors in a scary looking twisting and turning motion.

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

When you say you're putting it to full throttle do you mean by your transmitter or by the sliders on the motor test tab in BF?

3. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6 Moderator

Have you checked to see if the throttle is on the correct channel that the FCB is assuming it is on?

4. Electriceel27

Electriceel27 New Member

I put it on full throttle on the transmitter, then plug it into BF and turn up the throttle, that's where it shows them spinning at different speeds

5. Electriceel27

Electriceel27 New Member

I'm pretty sure it is, because I can turn the motors on with the transmitter

6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Calibrating your motors in Cleanflight or Betaflight has nothing to do with your transmitter. It shouldn't even be turned on.