Dromida XL 370 Drone - What a disaster!

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by Patrickdlt, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Patrickdlt

Patrickdlt New Member

149.99, or 249.99 with camera, gets you a drone that you can not fly, because they do not have any motors in stock, and my drone has ripped through 3 of them in 2 weeks.

The Dromida XL 370 might be a good, reliable drone, but wait until they actually get production right and some level of quality control in place for the product. In any type of product test they had to have seen this issue. Too bad they went ahead it and decided to go to market with it anways.

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

3. Nevil_Clavain

Nevil_Clavain New Member

I feel your pain man. I have figured out the problem with the motors. Graphite is building up in between the commutator pads and shorting out the motor. Check out my pictures. One shows the graphite in between the pads and the other pic shows it after i wiped away the graphite with a brush. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...019.1073741825.1597327882&type=1&l=8b5c947f05

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. Ron williams

Ron williams New Member

I don't see any pics? Can you use motor cleaner to get the carbon out ? Thanks ron

5. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Hey Ron.........in a word.............NO!!!!! And definitely not carb cleaner. Many of those are conductive and if there is traces left, you will short out/burn up your motors. I haven't done that with quad motors, but I did destroy an alternator a few years back. There are cleaners for electrics. I use CRC 5103 Quick Dry Electronic Cleaner. When I flush the motors on my X8s, I use about a half of an 11oz can per 4 motors. When I flush them, as I'm spraying thru the vent holes I slowly turn the shaft with my fingers.

6. Ron williams

Ron williams New Member

Thank you I will try that.

7. Ron williams

Ron williams New Member

Seems to me electric motor cleaner for brushed r/c cars should but if you say Crc I'll get some. The 370!motors have a little hole to spray it in. Should work. Thanks again. RON

8. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Hey, if it is for "electric motors" it should work fine......................I just use CRC 'cuz that's what I've always used for other things before I started up with quads.

9. Ron williams

Ron williams New Member

Ok good thanks again dragger. Have a good weekend. RON

10. Cevens

Cevens New Member

I have a question on the Dromida XL370. My daughter got this as a present last Christmas. She has flown it several times without issue. The other day it went into a tree and one of the motors did not auto stop as it usually does.
    Then the motor promptly burned out.
    Left rear ccw motor.
    I went to the local rc hobby store. They ordered me a pair of replacement motors.. When I connect the new motor ( either one of them) it starts as soon as the battery is connected. I have checked for a shorted wire or crossed wires and do not see anything obvious.

Any thoughts why it would start as soon as power is applied, rather then after the motor start button is actuated ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017