Don't let the brushed motors fool you - QX95S Micro FPV Racer

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Gadget Inspector, Feb 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gadget Inspector

Gadget Inspector I could go fishing, but I'd rather fly quads

I'm able to pull off all of my freestyle maneuvers with this little baby. Plenty of power and stable. Every now and then it will stall in hard turns, but quickly recovers.

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

No I don't. & they don't last long either.
    Even the branded one's.
    You can get a brushless setup to go in that size frame, well a frame that size if you have the mounting holes for the motors.

3. Gadget Inspector

To each his own. I love this bird because it flies different from my brushless micros. I like variety so I will continue to enjoy this. A lot of guys do as well. Also, at the indoor race park here in town a lot of them are still flying whoops since it’s winter. But many of them are flying micros with 8mm cordless motors. They are excellent pilots too. Again, to each his own. Have a good’n.

mozquito1 likes this.
  4. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

I've got the qx90, yes they are very good tiny quads. I think the 90 and 95 have the same motors.

Gadget Inspector likes this.
  5. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Yeah, I like 'em a lot. I got one that I've rebuilt on a 120mm frame and stuck 65mm props on it. Oh, little difference, I started with the QX90C.......

I fly mine indoors and out.

6. dragger201

Also, I find that I fly it a lot more then my brushed quads. I can grab the bird, googles and Tx in one hand and grab a half dozen 850mah batteries and go. Also, I'm a lot more daring with it............repairs are much cheaper so if I gotta replace something it's not a big deal, money wise.........

7. Gadget Inspector

Yep, they’re the same motors, but the new one comes with a high voltage battery and that little sucker scoots I’m telling ya.

8. dragger201

Take a look on your FC. You may find a "bus" that solder jumped marks 1s. If it's there you should also have an open side marked 2s. Remove the solder jumper from the 1s bus and jump the 2s bus and you can use the 2s batts..........not all of the FCs have this but many do...........

mozquito1 likes this.