DasMikro Receiver and Flysky Transmitter

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by Phifdog, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Phifdog

Phifdog New Member

Hi guys, need some help here since Ive been trying to figure out this issue with no luck. I have a dasmikro receiver from banggood, Betaflight F4 FC, and the flysky T6 transmitter. My receiver and transmitter are bound, the LED on the receiver comes on when I turn the transmitter on.

The issue im having is that I cant get the receiver tab in betaflight to show the sticks working so Im guessing the FC isnt communicating with the receiver. Ive tried the specified pin for sbus/ppm and all the uarts, tried any configuration I can think of but nothing has worked yet. Might purchase a new transmitter and receiver if I cant figure this out. Thanks for reading and helping.

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

It will not until all requirements are met. Did you setup the Aux switches in modes tab, then assign them in the Aux channels menu on the Tx.
    I have same Tx. My arm is on Aux1 on switch SWD. Modes is on Aux2 (3 position switch SWC.
    Is your rx ppm, sbus, ibus.
    I have not heard of that receiver myself before.

3. mozquito1

Your Tx is capable of better with a different rx. The one you have is OK but the range & response, not so good.
    A8S can do ibus & has better range.
    You can also update the fsi6 firmware to a 10channel mod, that allows all buttons & nobs to be used. Or 18 channels on ibus, but we don't that have that many.

4. Phifdog

Phifdog New Member

I did not set up aux switches, still new to the hobby so I was planning on doing that once I got in the air. Are you saying I need to set up aux switches before anything else? The Rx I have is ppm, the a8s transmitter will work with the Flysky T6? Thanks for your replies. I think I might not have been arming my quad correctly after plugging in the FC, I will try that later tonight.

5. mozquito1

Yo can setup everything else perfect, but if you haven't setup the Aux switches,
    It will not arm.

6. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

You sure?

This is the OP's. The FS-T6.

[​IMG]

7. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

a8s and T6 are not compatible

8. mozquito1

Flysky products that are not compatible.?

9. mozquito1

Misread :oops:

10. RENOV8R

T6 is not on the list....

Compatible Transmitter: Compatible with FS-i4, FS-i6, FS-i6S, FS-i6X, FS-i10, FS-GT2E, FS-GT2G, FS-GT2F

11. Jackson

The one he has should work.

12. Jackson

Flysky-Compatibility_Chart.JPG

Somewhat of a list.

13. Jackson

Note the no failsafe would not matter with FS-i6 as it has it's own failsafe options, unfortunately the T6 does not.

14. mozquito1

I seen a video on YouTube some guy with spectrometry equipment & the like,
    Who did multiple tests on a T6 & a taranis & the T6 whooped it on signal speeds or somthing by 80ms on average & by 120ms in a few of the tests.
    This guy had stuff coming out of his ears & he was gobsmacked. He had Tx's worth $1000+,futabas that look like dashboards or electronic keyboards you could land the antonov with.

15. Jackson

Unfortunately the T6 has no 3 way switch or failsafes and range at times is spotty, old tech.

16. Phifdog

Phifdog New Member

So what Im gathering is that I should purchase a new transmitter that has one of the new protocols instead of trying to make an old one work? Regardless, shouldnt the flight controller still recognize a receiver in Betaflight receiver tab? I wired up my friends taranis with the x8r receiver and set it up with SBUS but still got no response in Betaflight. Starting to wonder if my flight controller is bad or something went wrong with my install of Betaflight configurator.

17. RENOV8R

Possibly your Betaflight configuration. Can you post a screenshot of your Betaflight ports tab and configuration tab setup.