Crosseyed and Confused

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tentoes, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Tentoes

Tentoes Well-Known Member

Just finished the FAA part 107 study PDF. Wonder if I learned something. I got rather lost in all the acronyms in the ADM section. Let's see, you PAVE your RISK so you ADM your …

Might need some special high intensity training (S. H. I. T) here.

I'll read it over a couple more times, then, when I have some money available, I'll take the test.

2. wafflejock

wafflejock Active Member

Pretty decent seeming cram video here for pre-test prep Haven't done the part 107 yet I actually still need to do my regular HAM certification too (I made an alexa app to help me study but they updated the questions this June I think so I need to update my program and study up again and go get that out of the way).

Tentoes likes this.
  3. Tentoes

Pretty helpful. Except humidity reduces air density making your propellers less efficient.

Once the current upheaval settles a bit, I'll schedule the exam.

ArmyVet likes this.
  4. LoneRCRanger

LoneRCRanger Well-Known Member

What's interesting is that you have to qualify as a pilot that stands on the ground in one spot. With all the training for this Part 107 Certification, you should be able to fly a small plane as well. The government always makes mountains out of mole hills!

5. Tentoes

Having taken the classes twice in ancient history, there is a LOT more to know. Weight & Balance, Navigation, Fuels, Engines, Lots more weather...

Something dreadful always happened to derail my plans to get a pilot's license before getting to flying.

6. LoneRCRanger

LoneRCRanger Well-Known Member

I can understand. Back in the day when I was a young guy, I took Ground School in High School. I never got to put my body inside a plane, let alone fly it. Of course, back then, it ws open cockpit and double wings (not).

7. Tentoes

Same here, except I started again in the 90's. Business was going well and I thought I could...

Business no longer went well.