Cheap b2w

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by Islandhog, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Islandhog

Islandhog Member

If anyone's interested, the bugs 2w is $150 from banggood US warehouse. I was tempted but decided to wait for the 8 pro.

Spork likes this.
  2. burnham187

burnham187 Member

Oh cool when does the 8 pro come out? I got that exact deal on banggood for the b2w and it came in yesterday. My very first drone and is super fun. Could not believe how many functions you get for a $150 drone. This drone is kind of my practice drone while I save up for the DJI Mavic Pro which will hopefully get in a few months. Thinking the price for the Mavic pro will go down with the new mavic pro 2 coming out soon. I Needed something for now that can help my noobness and is hard to actually lose. "still adds label to drone with phone number"

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Spork likes this.
  3. Spork

Spork Well-Known Member

I'm still playing with my cheap quad for practice and fun, and have been looking at the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air - but like you will probably be 3-4 months from now. We've got a beach vacation/family reunion thing planned for June and would really like to have something like for the trip.

After seeing good reviews and people talking about them here, I keep thinking about buying the bugs 2 as my next quad, but I think I've finally convinced myself to build an FPV quad instead. We'll see - much more reading and video watching to do.

burnham187 likes this.
  4. Jaynatello

Jaynatello Member

I just got my Bugs 2W yesterday, and it rocks!!

KentA and burnham187 like this.
  5. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

IDK, all plastic motors including the threaded prop mounts, silly proprietary and overly expensive batteries, gigabyte gobbling, fair at best video.

B2C-
    Bit rate : 47.4 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 30.000 fps

Dazzne P2 Action Cam-
    Bit rate : 14.7 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 30.000 fps

For comparison an average Blu Ray comes in at @~25Mbps. The Dazzne's video is far superior BTW.

This looks interesting though. $26 w/o props.
    https://goo.gl/wsB9Wp

Bug 3 owners may like these.
    https://goo.gl/4UGV1C
    https://goo.gl/UTAvND

Just saying. :)

KentA and burnham187 like this.
  6. burnham187

burnham187 Member

Not bad for the price though. The battery you can easily put about any good battery in actually. Can remove the proprietary mount and leave the back on allowing about any battery to fit inside. Saw a video on this.

Good kit you linked though for a cam.

7. burnham187

burnham187 Member

Well ended up ordering another b2w. I love this one so much I got one for my son that he can play with. This way if he crashes/breaks it I will still have mine. I really am impressed with the bugger :)

8. Islandhog

Islandhog Member

The b2w has the metal motors, b2c has the crappy plastic.

9. Islandhog

Islandhog Member

Proprietary batteries suck! Would order the b3 mini if it didn't have a shity battery.

10. burnham187

burnham187 Member

Like I said not really proprietary. The case is sure but all you need to do is order a b2c battery which has the clip on back and not turn knob. Then you just use the back part and can then use any battery you like. Easy fix. This video shows what I am talking about. What I like about taking off the battery case is you save like 20 grams so you can easily get a larger battery for more flight time without bogging down the b2w.

KentA likes this.