Can you help me wire up FPV with OSD?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by DiscrafT, Jan 29, 2018.

1. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Hello,
    I'm repairing one drone and it is equiped with DJI Naza with iOSD mini, SkyZone 5.8GHz 500mW 8ch TX https://hobbyking.com/en_us/skyzone-5-8g-500mw-8-channel-av-transmitter-fpv.html, Quanum AlexMos Brushless Gimbal Controller https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-...-controller-3-axis-kit-basecam-simplebgc.html and I want to connect to it my Xiaomi Yi cam. I have no idea how to wire it up because I don't have any documentation for these things. And if I'm looking for in on the Internet it is quite hard because they are old. I would like to see realtime video from that Xiaomi cam with telemetry on my GearVR googles if that's possible.
    Can someone help me what else do I need to how to wire it up?
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

It's not worth it. The latency is terrible.
    To many pixels to process as where a 700tvl is about a quarter of the processing time. Add the weight. But you could try the sj4000 or DB power as these are the same cameras, just different names.
    It shouldn't be that hard though as wires a coloured accordingly.
    Red= voltage in
    Black= ground
    Yellow or orange =signal
    Audio =white blue or green.

So you just need to tap into them
    Probably just a signal & ground wire.

3. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

I will replace that Xiaomi with real FPV camera later, but for now I can just plug black-yellow wire from camera into that FPV TX with heatsink and it will work right? But if I also want to have OSD I have to.. Wait.. Do I need that basecam gimbal board at all? Can I somehow just connect camera--DJI Naza OSD--TX with working telemetry?Like this?[​IMG]

4. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

The osd just taps into the camera's signal wire. In between camera & Vtx.

5. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

That photo is a little misleading as it doesn't identify the color codes of the wires or where they're going. What you want to do is quite simple, this pic gives you a better wiring diagram. Video and ground from the Gopro to GND & VIDEO-IN of the iOSD mini, then GND & VIDEO-OUT of the iOSD mini to video and ground in of your vtx. The 3rd wire you see in the image that's bypassing the iOSD mini is just the audio signal.
    H3.jpg

6. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Yes I finally know how to do it because I was confused with that gimbal controlling board that I have to connect thing to it. But now I know that I dont need it at all. I wired up everything and it is working :) It was quite easy cable from the iOSD I plugged to X3 and and NAZA PMU, Camera to PW and do Video IN on iOSD and Video OUT to 5.8GHZ TX.

7. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Yes, the Alexmos controller is totally separate. So in addition to video, you're also seeing the OSD overlay of all the Naza info like voltage, satellites, height, distance etc?

8. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member