Camera upgrade

Discussion in 'RTF Modification & Repair' started by Conor Findlay, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Conor Findlay

Conor Findlay New Member

Hi,
    I have a wifi, fpv drone with a 720p camera and would like to upgrade the camera. Is there any thing I can do that only requires me to plug it in as i dont want to have to do anything more complicated as l'm new to quads.

Thanks
    Conor

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Probably not, but what drone is it?

3. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for 45 years

It might be as simple as buying a better camera then just plugging it in and being good to go, but more information is needed first.

4. RENOV8R

I'm guessing by the description that it's maybe one of the new selfie drones like the Eachine E58, which is why I said probably not

5. Gyro Doctor

Perhaps, but it could really be just about anything ... lol ... might be just a plug and play swap, might be impossible

6. RENOV8R

Haha nothing's impossible in this crazy hobby
    CP.jpg

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  7. Gyro Doctor

:rolleyes: ... Now THAT's my favorite frame style, the "Dead Cat"

:eek: ... Hope that's just photoshopped though !! ... roflmao ...

8. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

You may want to consider something similar to this design.

9. Conor Findlay

Conor Findlay New Member

Its a visuo xs809hw

10. Gyro Doctor

The short answer is NOPE.

That is a cheap Chinese knock-off of the DJI Mavick with brushed motors and a single cell 900 mAh battery.
    You can only expect about 30 meters control and FPV range (40 max) since it's a low powered wifi system.
    The camera may transmit 720 (the lowest "HD"), but it only records in VGA (640x480@15fps).
    In order to upgrade you'd likely need to "hack" that bird and tie into the main board (if the VTX could even handle higher resolutions).
    My advise would be to just keep what you've got BUT definitely perform the antenna mods and anti-jello mods found on YouTube. ;)

There ARE other ways to add cams (to just about anything) but doing so would cost about as much as that whole quad did.

11. Conor Findlay

Conor Findlay New Member

Thanks for the help. I thought it would be hard. I will be sure to perform the other mods.

Thanks

12. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Gyro Doctor likes this.