Any help appreciated

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Mark Blake, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Mark Blake

Mark Blake Member

Im having trouble wiring a Naze 32 flight controller to a new FRsky x6r receiver. first time using cleanflight as well, i wish there was someone in my area that could help. I live in northern VT.

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Which revision/version?

3. Mark Blake

Mark Blake Member

Revision 6, all,soldered and programmed, just need a simple wiring guide to an x6r reciever.
    Thank you

4. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Sbus connection. On a uart. p10xw0z-1024x683.jpg

5. mozquito1

Also change receiver type in configuration tab. & turn serial rx on
    On which ever uart you use on the ports tab.

6. Mark Blake

Mark Blake Member

Thank you.

7. Mark Blake

Mark Blake Member

when cleanflight recognizes the receiver the channels are all wrong, the throttle is on the right? there isnt even a mode that puts it there. another flight control;ler does the sane thing, and another radio and receiver do as well, im freaking lost on this. not in any you tube video instruction have i seen this one.

8. Mark Blake

Mark Blake Member

serial receiver on, telemetry on, s-bus selected, everything recognizes, but it still has all the channels twisted around.

9. mozquito1

In CF, I think it's on setup or receiver tab up top. It says AETR1234. click it to change the stick layout.

10. mozquito1

Mode 1 =TREA
    Mode 2 =AETR

11. mozquito1

Rev6, I would rather have the rev5 with passthrough.

12. mozquito1

If that doesn't work try a board reset & set it up again. Don't reload any backup.
    Naze where all the rage @ one point. I went through 7 in my first year.
    Glad to see the back of em.

13. mozquito1

If I remember right with the naze32, you can't use a uart while the USB is in use.
    I can't remember which though.

14. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

TREA is the default FrSky channel mapping, AETR is for Flysky.

FWIW the OP can go into the Taranis and remap the channels any way he wants.

mozquito1 likes this.
  15. mozquito1

Will having telemetry on a uart mess it up with being naze32. Like I said above.

16. Mark Blake

Mark Blake Member

found a video that laid out the same thing. worked as advertised. sticks all set everything set for flight. set new channels in the radio and receiver, they don't show on Cleanflight. watched 2 different videos on how to set switches on the x9e. set 4 switches, re-bound the receiver. nothing works in Cleanflight as shown on you tube. any suggestions?

17. Mark Blake

Mark Blake Member

Your help on channel programming was spot on. Can't thank you enough! I have set 4 channels up on the transmitter, as per tarannis videos, re-bound the transmitter to the receiver, but the extra channels don't show on cleanflight like they do on the instructional video? any suggestions?

18. Mark Blake

Mark Blake Member

all show on the transmitter, all show movement in the model secton, but none show up under receiver in Cleanflight.

19. mozquito1

Where you set modes up in the tab do the switches change the ranges.
    eg Arm switch
    If it they do. I would try to fly it.
    It may just be a glitch. Maybe try deleting the flight program & reload it.
    I used cleanflight for 3yrs & when the standalone betaflight came out I deleted both chrome apps only to find the cleanflight SA wasn't a full file to run it.
    & I could not re download it so I I'm on Betaflight now. And don't even know if the cleanflight crew sorted it out.
    I got 2 quads with OSD & 2 without.
    Does CF have osd tab these days.

20. mozquito1

Board reset, swap to an earlier update. Try reload cleanflight if not download the standalone Betaflight off github.
    Check the board for small splashes of solder. If any of these don't work then it has to be a fault on the board.
    I found a few of the naze to have dodgy motor pins as the board was working but pin 3 signal or ground was bust some how as all 4 motors & esc's worked on the other 3 sets. Other boards just stopped kuput. Lit up but picking nothing up & no USB.